WIZE COMPUTING ACADEMY, OTTAWA, ONTARIO where learning is fun!
COMPUTATIONAL THINKING :
“Most of the time, children know the concepts but have neither the language nor the sophistication to demonstrate it. The concept already exists in their mind. We show them how to connect it to the real world. Language actually matters!” L.K
Together, we build the bridge to the future we want for our children.
STEAM education is the intentional integration of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to create a student-centered learning environment
This learning environment is:
- Individual-centric, project-based, inquiry driven, and complementary to school curriculums
- A less formal setting that encourages collaboration, and involves multi-age grouping that helps drive peer-to-peer learning via decomposing engineering concepts
- STEAM activities that have relevance to students
- Delivered online this fall season September to December 2020
Come and be part of an unique personal experience provided by our MIT Alumnus and his team.
LEGO WeDo 2.0 & Mindstorms EV3
Lego Wedo and EV3 are introductory Robotics programs that allow kids to build robots while using the concepts of gears, pulleys, sensors, motors etc..Children learn block based language to program and control the Robots. We prepare our students for First Lego league Jr (Ages 6-10) and First Lego League (Ages 10-14).
Online courses use an emulator for students to move pieces and build robots that can be programmed and controlled.
Scratch helps young people learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively — essential skills for life in the 21st century.
With Scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others in the online community.
Students adventure through code as they begin building animations, games, music, videos. They sculpt their coding muscles in this coding adventure and leave having learnt to code using this very easy to use tool for block-based coding from MIT.
In this course, you will:
- Learn basics of Visual Block Programming using MIT Scratch
- Acquire basic programming skills and coding concepts that professional programmers use in their daily work
- Harness opportunity to think, to imagine, to explore, to create while having FUN!
- Learn and apply computational thinking concepts to create games or animations
MIT Scratch Jr
3D Design and Printing
- Teaching young students design thinking helps them develop a growth mindset and important problem solving, analytical and spatial thinking skills. Benefits include:
- Enhances students' ability to identify problems and convert them to actionable opportunities.
- Positions setbacks and failures as valuable learning moments.
- Promotes the development of self-belief as problem solvers.
- Develop entrepreneurial mindset and understand value of collaboration and feedback.
FIRST Lego League
FIRST LEGO League Explore is designed to introduce science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) concepts to kids while exciting them through a brand they know and love − LEGO®.
First Lego League Jr
Hummingbird & Micro:bit
AUGMENTED REALITY & VIRTUAL REALITY
Virtual Reality, or VR, is a medium that allows the viewer to get immersed into a virtual 3D experience. The virtual environment replaces the real world in the eyes of the viewer, who can move and look around, and sometimes even interact with the virtual content.
CODING FOR BEGINNERS
Learn the joy of creating animations, story telling and digital games using the MIT Scratch Coding Language... all from the comfort of your own home!
Log into our video conference link and follow along as we introduce you to this powerful coding language! If your student has never used Scratch before, this is a great introductory series of classes to give them exposure to this powerful tool.
Students will need access to a computer and high speed internet. Once registered, students will be provided with unique user IDs and passwords before the first session of class. We will email further information and details of the camp after you have registered.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & MACHINE LEARNING
We live in an AI-powered world, it is changing the way we work and live, every job function will be affected by AI in near future, if not already. AI is computer systems doing things that normally need human intelligence. Computers learn through repetition and need good data.
In this course our learners work on projects that exposes them to areas where we have seen most usage of AI & ML to date.
WILD WEB DESIGN
Concepts of markup language
HTML5 to structure different parts of content
CSS to style and layout web content
Draw and animate fun Web graphics
Fixing and debugging
The websites are themed and uniquely built based on the area of interest of child – hobbies, business idea, social impact. They get to own the site and continue building on it even after the class!!
MIT App Development :
More people rely on mobile devices to meet their needs than ever before. The technologies used to create these apps are expanding and improving quickly, so it’s an exciting time to start learning Mobile Development! Learn mobile app developments and deploy app o on both iOS and Android platforms.
In this course students will learn:
How to develop an idea to a fully functional Mobile appBuild mobile apps for multiple platforms with a single codebaseLearn User Experience (UX), Create Interfaces (UI) – look and feel of the appImplement animations, sounds and interactivityUse Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning to incorporate Image, Sounds and Text recognition in apps.
Students get to choose, design and completely code the app under the guidance of our expert staff. Classes are customized to age appropriate projects.